At the end of the month, I’ll be heading down (over?) to Las Vegas for the Fall 2014 IAEWS meeting. There will be networking, eating and drinking, and a pretty interesting lineup of speakers and topics. Plus, of course, I’ll be there – what more could you want?
Andy Hibel of HigherEdJobs has put together a fascinating program. Here’s what’s coming:
- A keynote from Ian Siegel, CEO of ZipRecruiter.com (maybe he’ll tell us how to land our own $65M in VC funding!)
- A panel discussion about job aggregation (a topic near and dear to my heart), featuring Shelly Mudd (Jobs2Careers), Toby Dayton (LinkUp), Euan Haywood (Juju), Bill Jeffries (SimplyHired), and Tim Rush (HealthJobsNationwide)
- Another panel discussion about people aggregation, featuring Mike Durney (Dice), Jon Bischke (Entelo), Matt Ekstrom (HiringSolved), and Peter Kazanjy (TalentBin/Monster)
- A rundown on customer wisdom from Constance Melrose of Dice
- A keynote on talent acquisition from casino veteran Arte Nathan
- A panel discussion on job board business models, with Gal Amog (RealMatch), Don Firth (TopUSAJobs); Chris Forman (StartDateLabs); and Steven Rothberg (College Recruiter)
I think the idea of having panel discussions mixed with what they are calling “dialogue groups” – basically breakout sessions to talk about what the speakers discussed – is promising. Of course, good panel discussions really depend on a moderator that can keep things moving along – so good luck, Gal, Mike, and Shelly!
Oh, and there will be a lunch and chat with the columnists of JobBoarders, including yours truly, so I hope you make time to stop by and say hello! Bottom line: if you can make it to Sin City, I suspect you’ll find it worth your time. And there are always the casinos….[Want to get Job Board Doctor posts via email? Subscribe here.]. [Check out JobBoardGeek, the Doctor’s podcast!)