A few months back, almost two hundred job board owners, operators, and employees took the 2014 Job Board Trends survey. This project, a joint effort of IAEWS and Job Board Doctor, focuses on what is really going on in the job board and online recruiting industry – traffic, spending, technology, and more. We asked you about all aspects of your business – what works and doesn’t work, where things are going, and how you feel about the future. Here are some of the highlights:
- Niche sites continue to dominate the survey responses in all regions
- 82% of job sites provide searchable resume/profile databases
- 50% of respondents have site traffic of 50,000 unique visits/mo or higher
- Almost 60% of job sites are using both PPC and organic traffic from aggregators to drive additional traffic
- The quality of candidates and number of hires saw sharp increases in importance re: client retention versus 2013
- Less than 40% of respondents surveyed their candidates at least once a year
- Over 40% of respondents are getting 15% or more of their site traffic from mobile devices
Overall, the mood is optimistic – as one respondent said, “Barring any major negative event, 2014 will be our best year by far.”.
Curious? You can download the results here (free registration is required). Thanks to everyone who participated!
PS: I will be delving into the survey results later this month at the IAEWS conference – hope to see you there![Want to get Job Board Doctor posts via email? Subscribe here.].