It’s summer – hot, sultry, and full of online recruiting activity. Here in Iowa we’ve gone from spring floods to drought in just 45 days (looks like the floods moved to Missouri). So without further ado, let’s see what’s been happening in our industry:
- Work4 releases social job sharing service: The Facebook-centric Work4 is now offering Social Job Sharing Recruiter, which lets a recruiter pump jobs out to multiple social networks directly from a company ATS. Sounds a bit like Bullhorn Reach.
- SimplyHired goes after smaller businesses: SimplyHired has released the SimplyHired Ad Center, which basically lets any recruiter or company put their jobs into the aggregator site’s PPC program. SimplyHired is also expanding into Canada. And they have a new logo. is not surprised (or amused).
- HotLizard offers new job board software: HotLizard, which provides stand-alone job board software, has released a hosted package called JobBoard.com (good URL!). The package (which is based on the Gekko product) also provides cross-posting to a network of 4000 other job boards. Interesting move.
- SmartJobBoard adds Facebook app: In other job board software news, SmartJobBoard has released a Facebook recruiting app that lets their job boards post jobs directly onto a client’s Facebook page. Smart, indeed.
- Dice’s income drops, expands offices: Dice has expanded their New York office to cover the entire 8th floor of 1040 Avenue of the Americas. In possibly unrelated news, CFO Mike Durney is now CEO, replacing Scott Melland. In the meantime, Q2 net income fell by 16% even as overall revenue rose by 7%. In other news, former owner Jack Hidary is running for NYC mayor. Fast times.
- Indeed moves into Germany: As previously predicted when the aggregator was purchased last year, has moved into new foreign markets – Germany, specifically. It opened an office in Dusseldorf. has seen a traffic increase of 124% since June 2012. Take that, SimplyHired!
- eQuest releases job posting tool: The job posting distributor eQuest has released Post-Scheduler, a tool which analyzes a job posting and then determines which day and time it should be posted for best results. An interesting use of ‘big data’. I suspect more is on the way.
- RealMatch picks up some real funding: RealMatch, a job board software and network company, has raised $7 million in Series C capital financing. Expect to see this money fund more marketing and R&D.
- Sorry, Monster’s no longer for sale: It’s true – has taken itself off the market, saying that it feels ‘good’ about where it is. Unsurprisingly, revenue is down.
OK, folks, that’s it for now!
[Want to get Job Board Doctor posts via email? Subscribe here.].