Ok, the election is in the rearview mirror, winter is looming, and I bet you haven’t gotten all of your Christmas presents yet! Nevertheless, things keep happening in the job board world. For example:
- Facebook launches their
job boardaggregator: Facebook launched its long-awaited initiative into online recruiting via a ‘social jobs partnership’ featuring aggregated listings from BranchOut, Work4Labs, Jobvite, , and DirectEmployers.
- Beyond buys JobCircle: Beyond.com, one of the largest job board networks, acquired JobCircle, a job board network focused in the Mid-Atlantic. This was the first acquisition for Beyond since 2010.
- Monster has layoffs – again: Monster closed operations in Brazil and Mexico, and laid off an estimated 800 personnel.
- LinkedIn beats expectations for Q3: LinkedIn generated $252M for Q3 and raised revenue expectations for the year. However, user engagement numbers still trail Facebook and Google.
- Acquisition suits Indeed: The aggregator announced plans to hire 90 people in their Austin office.
- Evenbase invests in startup: Evenbase, owner of Jobsite.com, announced a minority investment in Workana, an online marketplace for freelance and remote workers focused on Latin America.
- GlassDoor raises more moolah: Company review and social recruiting company GlassDoor rasied $20M in Series D funds. The money was to be used for increased sales and international growth.
- SimplyHired gets a new CEO: Gautam Godhwani, founder and CEO of SimplyHired, exited his position to be replaced by Yahoo! veteran James Beriker. This was the second major shakeup for SimplyHired in the past year.
- Indeed gets a new CEO: Rony Kahan, co-founder of , became CEO after Paul Forster relocated to London and a new title – Senior Advisor.
That’s it for now folks – see you soon!
[Want to get Job Board Doctor posts via email? Subscribe here.]