I got caught up in surveys and what not (What? You haven’t seen the 2013 Job Board Trends survey?) and fell a bit behind on the news. So here is the latest and greatest in the far-flung world of online recruiting:
- LinkedIn acquires mobile news reader: LinkedIn continued its acquisition-oriented spring by purchasing Pulse, a mobile platform for viewing news items, for $90 million. Content appears to draw more users than Groups, it seems. In other news, it announced an update to its search function.
- eQuest and Work4 partner up: eQuest, a job posting distribution company, has partnered with Work4 to provide the latter’s Facebook job posting technology to all eQuest clients at no charge. The deal will help eQuest gather candidate data on Facebook users.
- Indeed tops sources of external hires: Big data, indeed: the latest iCIMS analysis of their internal data indicates that 27% of external hires came from Indeed. The results – derived from 1.5 million job postings – also showed that 22% originated from ‘traditional’ job boards.
- Evenbase makes more money: Digital recruitment group Evenbase Recruitment has seen a year-on-year rise in turnover by a fifth to £32.7m in the 12 months to 30 September 2012, while profit doubled. Profits of £5.41m were more than twice the 2011 total of £2.56m. Amazing what a rebrand can do!
- CareerXRoads releases its source of hire report: Referrals, career sites, and job boards once again led as the primary sources of hire for companies surveyed in the 2013 Sources of Hire Report. Social media? Not so much.
- CareerBuilder Acquires Oil and Gas Job Search: CareerBuilder purchased Oil and Gas Job Search, headquartered in Manchester, England, and the oil and gas industry’s leading online job site outside North America. In other words, CB is still going niche.
- Dice meets earning expectations: Dice reported that it earned 12 cents a share on $50.4 million of revenue, which put it mostly in line with what Wall Street was expecting and what the company predicted in January. It also projected Q2 earnings at $2M less than previous expectations. A slowdown? Dice also added Shravan Goli as President of Dice to guide Dice, ClearanceJobs and the Slashdot Media brands.
That’s it for now, folks![Want to get Job Board Doctor posts via email? Subscribe here.]. [Check out the JobBoardGeek podcast archive!]