This the latest in a series of posts on how the job board industry has been responding to the COVID 19 pandemic – which I wished I could say is getting better, but doesn’t seem to be. The world is opening up, bit by bit, and we’re all learning to living with the virus. Let’s take a look at the latest developments:
- Headhunter’s Talantix launches remote interviewing: Talantix, an online recruitment platform owned by Russia-based recruitment vertical HeadHunter, has launched a remote interview service. It operates on Microsoft Teams and allows recruiters to interview candidates remotely. Recruiters can invite and schedule candidates for video interviews on the Talantix platform. Candidates can use any device to take the call. Good idea!
- LayOffers connects job seekers with recruiters: LayOffers, a new online service that connects job seekers with recruiters, will now provide users with contact information for some 370,000 recruiters; the contact information comes from ZoomInfo. The site also allows recruiters to search candidates by previous employer, as well as job type, industry, years of experience and keyword. Several thousand recruiters and candidates have joined the site each week since launch, LayOffers said. Interesting move.
- Tribepad adds remote hiring features: UK-based recruitment software provider Tribepad has launched two new features to its video interviewing platform: live interviews and smart translations. Recruiters can schedule interviews directly on the platform, based on the candidate’s availability, and can securely store video recordings of any interview. Tribepad’s smart translation tool supports recruitment teams looking to hire international talent. The system itself is available in eleven languages, including Chinese and Arabic, and can translate spoken answers quickly using AI-enabled speech-to-text transcription, into English or any of the other available languages. Very cool!
- CareListings offers free job postings: CareListings, a resource for families and caregivers locating senior care facilities, now provides nursing homes, home care agencies, and assisted living facilities with free job postings to reach Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA), Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN), and Registered Nurses (RN) seeking employment opportunities. The CareListings platform also contains detailed salary information for CNAs, LPNs, and RNs across all U.S. states and major cities from 2013 to 2018. Smart.
- HackerRank launches remote hiring option: HackerRank announced the launch of their HackerRank Remote Hiring Solution. CodePair – a key part of the solution – allows hiring managers to conduct in-depth, repeatable interviews across 35 different coding languages in a real programming environment to gain better clarity on actual skills while ensuring candidates have a developer-friendly experience. The solution also includes Interviewer Scorecards and an Industry Standard Skill Rubric. Makes sense.
- Pandemic affects Indeed’s postings: Job postings on Indeed are down 34% year-over-year through May 29, the company said in an analysis published June 2. The downward trends are most pronounced in occupations directly impacted by COVID-19, including hospitality and tourism. The pandemic has also impacted job postings for other industries: software development postings are down 36%, for example, while banking and financing postings are down 51%. Wow.
As the pandemic continues to shake the world’s employment markets, I think you can be certain that our industry will keep adjusting. Here’s hoping things are looking up![Want to get Job Board Doctor posts via email? Subscribe here.].