It’s that time to take a look at what’s been happening in the job board industry over the past month. All I can say is – more than you might imagine. So let’s get started:
- Dice’s ex-CEO sells stock: Dice Holdings ex-CEO Scot Melland sold 60,000 shares of Dice Holdings stock in a transaction dated Tuesday, September 17th. The shares were sold at an average price of $8.45, for a total transaction of $507,000.00.
- SimplyHired hires CareerBuilder vet: SimplyHired has brought Beth Prunier in as Senior Vice President of Sales; she previous served as CareerBuilder’s VP of Sales. In other SH news, the company unveiled a new mobile site with enhanced functionality. What’s next?
- LinkedIn makes a bigger push for mobile: LinkedIn has unveiled Recruiter Mobile and Mobile Work With Us, two popular desktop services adapted for on-the-go use. Recruiter Mobile will enable recruiting professionals to search for candidates, allowing them to send InMails, call or text. Also, recruiters can take notes on candidates and forward prospects to hiring managers. And in case you were wondering, that pesky lawsuit hasn’t gone away.
- eQuest keeps gathering more data: eQuest reported that it has accumulated another 50 million job board and social media candidate performance records making its database the largest candidate performance collective in the world. eQuest collects and stores these statistics as part of its Big Data Recruitment Suite. When will they get to a trillion?
- Job board for furloughed government workers debuts: Unfurlough.US was built in just 5 hours, and went live October 3rd to help workers caught in the political crossfire of the government shutdown find some freelance gigs. The shutdown is over, but the site is still operating.
- RealMatch getting bigger: RealMatch announced that it has recently signed over 20 new affiliate partnership deals with digital publishers, job board operators, and broadcast media companies that will implement RealMatch’s white-label recruitment advertising solutione. The list includes well known digital publishers and media companies such as Ars Technica, Merion Matters, WRAL.com, HMP Communications, Norfolk Daily News and HR.com.
- Stepstone picks up 9 German job boards: European online jobs marketplace StepStone has acquired hotel, catering and tourist industries’ job board YourCareerGroup, which specialises in German-speaking markets. YourCareerGroup operates nine online jobs portals in Germany, Austria and Switzerland, including hotelcareer.de, gastronomiecareer.de and touristikcareer.de. At the time of the acquisition, its job boards had 12,000 listings and 500,000 unique visitors per month, according to a statement from the company.
- .Career is coming: From the same folks who brought you .jobs, a new TLD will soon be available: .career. One big difference, though – no attempt to restrict job boards from purchasing these.
That’s all for now. More in another month or so![Want to get Job Board Doctor posts via email? Subscribe here.].