There is a lot of great writing out there covering the job board and online recruiting industries – in fact, it’s easy to overlook good material. So I’ve rounded up some of the most interesting pieces from the past months for your perusal. Enjoy!
- Is your job board PCI DSS compliant?: Thomas Shaw takes a look at the ecommerce component of job boards, security, and PCI DSS.
- A postmortem analysis of StandoutJobs: Founder Ben Yoskovitz looks at the life, struggles, and sale of his job board – and what it says about being an entrepreneur.
- How will job boards survive?: A Q&A I did with Destination:Talent, an Australian online recruiting resource, about the challenges in the job board world.
- My take on the Monster/HotJobs deal: Rob Kornblum of Bullhorn talks about what didn’t make sense re: Monster’s acquisition of HotJobs.
- The same thing that’s dragged job boards down will kill off social recruiting: Alasdair Murray tackles the poor writing common to most job postings – and why social media hasn’t changed it.
- How job seekers may use social media in the future: How job seekers’ behavior is changing and what this means for online recruiting.