What exactly is happening in the job board and online recruiting world? Well, to paraphrase Neil Young, ‘job boards never sleep’ (okay, yes, that was awful!), so here’s a quick roundup of some industry tidbits:
- JobTarget continues growing: The software company is adding a satellite sales location in Windsor, bringing its total employee count to 90 or so.
- Dice Holdings authorizes stock buyback: Dice has okayed the buyback of up to $30 million of its stock – a move designed to offset stock issued for employee compensation.
- EEOC is looking for a few bad ads: Those ads that are targeted only to employed job seekers? Probably a good idea if your job board passes on them – they may garner attention from the EEOC.
- To heck with resumes, says VenturRocket: Yes, another day, another startup – and this one favors ‘clouds’ of skills over a resume. Stealing a line from TheLadders, they says the ‘job market is broken’. We’ll see.
- Will LinkedIn hook up with Facebook?: In what is probably Monster’s worst nightmare, rumors are flying of a possible cooperative venture between LinkedIn and Facebook.
- The face behind the words: Ever wonder who tweets for CareerBuilder? Well, me neither – but I still found this article interesting.
- The eHarmony of job sites?: It’s another matching site – but it’s getting (critical) exposure in the New York Times. Might go somewhere.
- Job boards are dead – or not – or kinda: An interesting discussion from TruLondon.
- Monster pumps up BeKnown: In tandem with the Facebook F8 developer conference, Monster adds new features to BeKnown.
- Next step – Malaysia: CareerBuilder has purchased JobCentral, a Malaysian job portal with over 200,000 registered users.
And that’s all the news that’s buzzing…for now.[Want to get Job Board Doctor posts via email? Subscribe here.].