Doostang just announced that they’ve landed $1.25 million in new funding. That’s not a huge investment compared to the boom years, but it is a signal that our industry may have reached bottom and is beginning to rebound.
So you’ve survived the worst. Now what are you going to do?
Do you have a plan for growth? If not, now is a good time to start – because if you don’t, your competitors will. The job board industry is like any other; you can grow, or you can fade away. There’s not an in-between.
See if you can answer the following questions (all of them, that is):
- How are you using and/or integrating social media into your services?
- What are your plans to move beyond job postings and resume access as your primary revenue sources?
- Have you talked with your employers recently (and I mean most of them, not just a few)? What do they need that you can provide?
- What is your plan for improving the quality of the candidates you provide to your employers?
- How are you planning to improve the ability of employers to find the right candidates, and candidates to find the right job?
- How do you plan to empower your candidates and provide them with a better job hunting experience?
- Are you planning to grow by expansion into additional niches, acquisition, and/or creation of new services?
- Do you know where your business should be in 12 months vis-a-vis revenues, services, and competitors?
What questions did I miss?[Want to get Job Board Doctor posts via email? Subscribe here.]. [Check out JobBoardGeek, the Doctor’s podcast!)