Another month flown by, another round of activity in the job board world, including a possible flameout by BranchOut, a lostsuitor, and the possibility of an aggregator IPO. Interested? Read on!:
- Evenbase launches JobsiteWhite: Evenbase, the newly named U.K. company which encompasses Jobsite.co.uk, Broadbean, and Jobrapido, announced a ‘white label’ version of its job board for employers to use. There is no cost to launch it, but charges do accumulate for posting to the Evenbase properties.
- BranchOut user count drops dramatically: Between April and June 2012, the number of users for BranchOut dropped from 13.9 million to 6.5 million. Of these, only 55,000 users are actually ‘using’ the app. A Ponzi scheme?
- LinkedIn passes on buying Monster: Despite news that it was interested (and a subsequent pop in Monster’s stock price), LinkedIn had ‘zero interest‘ in the acquisition, according to sources near the company. I imagine the other publicly-held job boards are hoping against hope that LinkedIn is also not interested in them…
- Monster integrates BeKnown: In a move many had anticipated, Monster integrated BeKnown into its main site, expanding the job board’s capability to help users with networking.
- Adicio will sell for you: Adicio expanded their job board services to include an outsourced recruitment sales program called RevBoostSM. The program, which is typically paid for via revenue share, manages the job board sales effort from start to finish. I guess this brings a new meaning to the concept of ‘running a job board’.
- recently talked about the pros and cons of going public. “The IPO onramp … is the most interesting part for us,” Forster said. “That really enables us to track our path to IPO without being (forced) into it.” And no, I don’t actually understand what he meant. considers going public: Paul Forster, CEO of the job aggregator ,
- TalentBin brings search engine to resumes and profiles: TalentBin moved out of private beta, brings its ‘talent search engine’ to the public. The service gathers an individual’s professional data from all available sources and collapses it into a single profile, theoretically creating a larger and more useful sourcing database
[Want to get Job Board Doctor posts via email? Subscribe here.].